Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing a low signal condition of a GSM module

Status
Not open for further replies.

planet69

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm imterfacing a GSM module/engine to my µC project. If signal strength is low, the module will de-register itself from the network. Several times, i find that the signal strength have recovered to full but the module fail to call-out or receive a call. I had tested the CREG command and found that the module normally being able to re-register itself when the signal comes back. However there are occassion where it did not but only do so upon a power RESET.
I understand that the module will by default automatically try to reconnect to the network periodically. Tried to simulate the situation by removing the antenna while the module is running but risk introducing some problems into the system by means of RF interference.
Please suggest a different method of testing the low signal condition that more accurately simulates real world conditions. Also, can anyone explain how did the module failed at random?
Thanks in advance....

Re: GSM module project

what type of gsm module and microC that you use?

Re: GSM module project

an 18f452 to a gsm module-dual band engine from V****n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back