Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperature dependence of capacitance

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikram789

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
temperature dependance of capacitance

i would like to know why we observe a change in capacitance due to change in temperature..

some would say that Area increse and d decreses but there are capacitors for which there is no change in capacitance or capacitance decrease and for some it increses so trend is not same for all. that is it depends on type of dielectric used ( class 1 or 2 as said by EIA) from which they further define temperature coeff of capacitance ..but i want to know the reason behind the existence of temperature coeff of capacitance... i.e WHAT PHYSICALY happens inside the dielectric which produce this change

temperature dependence of capacitance variation

thanx that was really helpful...

one more thing i would like to ask is that what is TEMPERATURE INVERSION coz i m observing opposite trend in FAST-FAST (ff) corners than that in SLOW-SLOW(ss) or TYPICAL-TYPICAL(tt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back