Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature Controller Circuit Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

sianjialin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I going to modify my dip soldering machine which don't have temperature control function, I want to maintain the temperature on around 400 degrees Celsius. Thus I going to buy a PID Temperature Controller and thermocouple.
https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Hotsell...3?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_207&hash=item3f2d010bcb

My current dip soldering machine is using uk types socket that with 3 pins, how to connect the controller, thermocouple and the soldering machine?
I'm new in electronics, please help me up, thanks.

First check the power rating of your soldering machine. That controller can only work with heating elements up to about 750W, if your heater requires more power you will have to use an additional relay or SSR to increase it's switching capacity.

Connections:
1. link pin 2 to the existing AC mains neutral and one side of the heater element. Neutral probably goes there already.
2. link pin 3 to pin 8 and to the line (live) of the AC mains.
3. link pin 6 to the other side of the heating element.

If you use a thermocouple, connect it across pins 15 and 16. If possible, do not extend the thermocouple wires unless you have identical wires to do it. Using ordinary copper wire will result in temperature errors.

If you find the unit works in reverse, off when it should be on, on when it should be off, swap the connection on pin 8 to pin 7.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back