Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

temperatue calibration in heater thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

matin-kh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm working on a heater thermostat which is used atmega8 as micro controller and 103at-2 semitec as temperature sensor and two triac as switches my problem is this:
after about 20 min the pcb board will be warmed especially triacs generate heat and I can't see the real temperature on the lcd and the thermostat will not work correctly because of unreal temperature how can I calibrate the temperature of device by adding a code in the project.c file?
with best regards,
matin

If the other components in your system produce so much heat I think it will be very complex, if not impossible, to calibrate the software to compensate for this. The measured temperature is not only a function of the environment temperature but also air flow over the triacs, direction of the airflow, thermal isolation (i.e. dust) and miscellaneous other factors.

The only realistic option is to increase the distance to the triacs, to prevent them from influencing the thermistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.