[SOLVED] Television circuit board component id needed (board Viewsonic/AOC 6201-7024336101)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylusartist

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any help appreciated thanks!

:?:

background was that I was trying to actually take that piece out thinking it was a battery to reset the thing..
It effected the tint of the VGA monitor afterwards. And its completely off now. Replacements are about fifty bucks so if I can't get it to work I'll have to just go that route.

That part is an inductor, if you did not break it then you should be ok. Can you re-adjust the tint manually.

BTW it is a $5 part, best guess. A picture of it instead of the RCA jacks would help.

How many solder pads? If 2 then its a coil but if 4 then a transformer. Square shaped ones I think are transformers.

Larry G

Ok so I gave it a shot tried soldering the inductor 220 on to mobo ( two pads )

Here are the pics couple close shots and the results which are far from perfect..

That piece certain influences the color on the mode option and brightness

not that I need to know but precision helps when it come to puttin it on

I was glimpsing at youtube videos and they would use large solder irons that would hold the inductor itself.

Or maybe its the actual inductor because its missing a holder that the previous one had.

I don't know But i guess it was worth a shot not very risky just much to gain.

Retro Gear I'm pretty sure your correct with it having four pads. When I redo it I just gotta have better technique. It was the very first work I've done. Shoulda practiced..

Helpful vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzhvUyjoI4

Baut its only VGA so I'm using the hdmi port and its not bothering so everything is A ok.

Cool board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…