Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TDA2030 active cross over circuit;Transistor getting heated up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to mount Q1 and T1 on a heat sink with insulation; they are push-pull and will handle considerable power.

It is very strange that R13 and R17 are responsible for the hum because they are at the end of the power train. How about R7? Check all the C14, C19 and C2 carefully. They are for high frequency bypass and work beyond audio frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

What you mean by "isolated R13 and R17"- did you short them or remove them?

I removed R13 and R17.After removing that , the hum without any input is no longer there.The output is very clean now.

I ddn't have to remove R7 cause now there is no hum at the output now.

Also with 1 ohm and 0.22uF at the output ,the frequency cut-off will be 723KHz.Is that cut-off a bit on a higher side.Do i need to reduce the cut-ff to 50KHz?

Last edited:

There are some oscillations that are "appearing" as hum in the final output. When you remove R13 OR R17, the high frequency oscillations are not eliminated. Please try the combination 10R and 0.1uF. Please try one pair at a time and and see the result. Also see that the input connections to the midrange and the tweeter connections are short.

I removed R13 and R17.After removing that , the hum without any input is no longer there.The output is very clean now.

I ddn't have to remove R7 cause now there is no hum at the output now.

Also with 1 ohm and 0.22uF at the output ,the frequency cut-off will be 723KHz.Is that cut-off a bit on a higher side.Do i need to reduce the cut-ff to 50KHz?
Maybe your 1 ohm resistors and 0.22uF capacitors at the output are inductive. They must present a low impedance at the output at high frequencies but cannot if they are inductive. Don't forget that a speaker is also inductive and has a fairly high reactance at high frequencies where oscillation occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.