Not open for further replies.

dpaul

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use the SysWip AXI4Lite Slave verification IP (in SystemVerilog) in my top-level test-bench with my traditional *Verilog* AXI4Lite master.

Being completely new to SystemVerilog, I have problems to port-map in the toplevel testbench.

What I have: From the SysWip I have downloaded axi4lite_s_if.sv which is an *interface* and the axi4lite_s.sv which is a *package* (http://syswip.com/axi4-lite-verification-ip).
From my legacy code I have a dut_top.v and dut_top_tb.sv (I have renamed it to .sv in order to support some SV constructs - import, creating the slave class object, etc). The Verilog AXI4Lite master module is instiantiated in the dut_top.v

Target: I want to connect the ports of the legacy Verilog AXI4Lite Master to that of the SysWip VIP slave. I am getting a Syntax error message where the ports are being mapped in the dut_top_tb.sv.
Of course I am doing it wrong, so please help me to rectify the mistake.

An excerpt from the dut_top_tb.sv is given below where the error is occuring. Note that I don't want to bring out the AXI4Lite master ports from the dut_top.v and so I am using the following way to connect the ports in the test-bench with the slave VIP BFM.

Code:
.  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
   // AXI4Lite VIP instance
   /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  `ifdef AXI4LITE_VIP_syswip
    axi4lite_s_if axi4lite_s_if_inst();    // create an instance for the SysWip interface

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
   // AXI4-Lite Master signals connected to axi4lite_s_if
   // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   // READ address/cmd channel
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_ADDR_o  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.araddr);  
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_VALID_o (axi4lite_s_if_inst.arvalid); 
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_READY_i (axi4lite_s_if_inst.arready);
   // READ data/response channel
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_DATA_i   (axi4lite_s_if_inst.rdata[32:0]);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_RESP_i   (axi4lite_s_if_inst.rresp);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_VALID_i  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.rvalid);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_READY_o  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.rready);
   // WRITE address/cmd channel
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_ADDR_o  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.awaddr);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_VALID_o (axi4lite_s_if_inst.awvalid);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_READY_i (axi4lite_s_if_inst.awready);
   // WRITE data channel
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_DATA_o   (axi4lite_s_if_inst.wdata[32:0]);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_STRB_o   (axi4lite_s_if_inst.wstrb[3:0]);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_VALID_o  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.wvalid);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_READY_i  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.wready);
   // WRITE response channel
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_RESP_i   (axi4lite_s_if_inst.bresp);
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_VALID_i  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.bvalid); 
   te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_READY_o  (axi4lite_s_if_inst.bready);  

initial begin
   // Create AXI4Lite_s_env class object
   AXI4Lite_s_env_s_env axi4lite = new(axi4lite_s, axi4lite_s_if_inst, 4);

// Start AXI4-Lite Slave Environment
   axi4lite.startEnv();

end
   `endif

Last edited:

Part of the code I posted is crap. I modified it and the syntax error for port mapping is gone. I have the following right now, but don't know if it is correct.

Code:
   // AXI4Lite VIP instance
   `ifdef AXI4LITE_VIP_syswip
    axi4lite_s_if axi4lite_s_if_inst(    
    .awaddr  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_ADDR_o),
    .awvalid (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_VALID_o),
    .awready (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AW_READY_i),
    // Slave write data channel
    .wdata  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_DATA_o),
    .wstrb  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_STRB_o),
    .wvalid (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_VALID_o),
    .wready (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_W_READY_i),
    // Slave write response channel
    .bresp  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_RESP_i),
    .bvalid (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_VALID_i),
    .bready (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_B_READY_o),
    // Slave read address channel
    .araddr  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_ADDR_o),
    .arvalid (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_VALID_o),
    .arready (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_AR_READY_i),
    // Slave read data channel
    .rdata  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_DATA_i),
    .rresp  (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_RESP_i),
    .rvalid (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_VALID_i),
    .rready (te0630_top_inst.emi2axi4_lite_inst.m_AXI_R_READY_o)       
    );   

initial begin
   // Create AXI4Lite_s_env class object
   AXI4Lite_s_env axi4lite = new(axi4lite_s, axi4lite_s_if_inst, 4);

// Start AXI4-Lite Slave Environment
   axi4lite.startEnv();

end
   `endif

Last edited:

Hi Dave,

no it is still not working, the connection cannot be done like that.
My question remains the same. Please refer to my original post for the details. Ignore the codes I have posted before.
How can I connect the ports of a Verilog module to that of a SystemVerilog Interface module?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…