Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

system design using Cyclone II (PLL, buffer etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison_www

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to implement a hardware system which uses current to compute distances. The incoming current is obtained from a sensor, and will be sampled and input into my FPGA. The ADC is 14bit, 250MSPS. A lock-in amplifier will be designed within the FPGA to extract the noise from a large amount of noise.
my problem is: the current signal is 154KHz. When I tried to build a PLL module using the ALT_PLL megafunction, the lowest required input frequency is 10MHz...
Now I am thinking of using two PLL modules, one to divide the 10MHz into 154Khz, if that is possible, the other to create its reference signal. Is there a better way?
Also, I guess I need to build a buffer before ADC to store the current. but I dont know what type of buffer / where to get information about that. Could anyone help me? Thanks!

Yeah you can feed the output of one pll into another. Else, design a counter which will trigger everytime it overflows. You can dump it into your computer straightaway using signal tap feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back