Not open for further replies.

geconom

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last night's solution:

Synopsys has changed its Linux GUI in their latest releases. For those using version 2002-05-SP1 or SP2, Design Vision, Prime Time, CoCentric and other tools use the MainWin library. This works fine with Red Hat 7.2, 7.3 (tested) and as I have heard 8.0 (no news about 9.0). However, when using eXceed from a connected Windows machine, they no longer work because of a missing font (-mainwin-ms_sans_serif-medium-o-normal--13-130-75-75-p-70-iso8859-1 found with error logging enabled) . To overcome this, make a font alias and load it with the eXceed configuration tool.

As an example, this is the alias file I have created and used:

# Mainwin aliases of pseudo font Arial

"--arial-0-0---0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1" <winfont

"-mainwin-ms_sans_serif-medium-o-normal--13-130-75-75-p-70-iso8859-1" "--arial-0-0---0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1"

I hope this helps

thank u .it is helpful for me.

/ Warning #1 - No thanks at elektroda! /

consider VNC

Forget about Exceed. Ever since I used VNC, I've never touched Exceed again.

Once I had used exceed to connect to linux, but I am a fan of VNC for it's benefit of "unclosing desktop", it's so convienient for me....I also recommand that you should make a try of using VNC, it's really a great stuff, trust me !! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.