Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys Linux GUIs under eXceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

geconom

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last night's solution:

Synopsys has changed its Linux GUI in their latest releases. For those using version 2002-05-SP1 or SP2, Design Vision, Prime Time, CoCentric and other tools use the MainWin library. This works fine with Red Hat 7.2, 7.3 (tested) and as I have heard 8.0 (no news about 9.0). However, when using eXceed from a connected Windows machine, they no longer work because of a missing font (-mainwin-ms_sans_serif-medium-o-normal--13-130-75-75-p-70-iso8859-1 found with error logging enabled) . To overcome this, make a font alias and load it with the eXceed configuration tool.

As an example, this is the alias file I have created and used:

# Mainwin aliases of pseudo font Arial

"--arial-0-0---0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1" <winfont

"-mainwin-ms_sans_serif-medium-o-normal--13-130-75-75-p-70-iso8859-1" "--arial-0-0---0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1"

I hope this helps :)

thank u .it is helpful for me.

/ Warning #1 - No thanks at elektroda! /

consider VNC

Forget about Exceed. Ever since I used VNC, I've never touched Exceed again.

Once I had used exceed to connect to linux, but I am a fan of VNC for it's benefit of "unclosing desktop", it's so convienient for me....I also recommand that you should make a try of using VNC, it's really a great stuff, trust me !! :) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.