vikasvij1982

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
technology file cadence format

Hi everyone,

I am trying to convert the tool flow from mixed Cadence and Synopsys tools to only Synopsys tools and have a question related to the technology files for the process technology. Is the technology file format for Cadence and Synopsys tools the same or different.

If i have the Cadence tools setup with a technology file, can i export that technology file to the Synopsys tools in any way. Actually i am trying to link the technology file to a library in the Milkyway database library.

If you can give me a detail step by step method to export the technology file or maybe a tutorial link or document that will be helpful then that would be great.

Thanks

Vikas

synopsys technology file cadence

ya.... u can convert .lef format (cadence format) to .lib or .db (for synopsys) format....

in backend flow (Astro) u can use 'read_lib' or 'read_lef' command to accomplish this

technology file tf synopsys lef

Hi Shavakmm,

Actually i am not talking about .lef files. I am talking about .tf files. I have already converted .lef file using read_lef command, but am not able to link it wil a physical library.

Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…