Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys and Cadence Technology files

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasvij1982

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
technology file cadence format

Hi everyone,

I am trying to convert the tool flow from mixed Cadence and Synopsys tools to only Synopsys tools and have a question related to the technology files for the process technology. Is the technology file format for Cadence and Synopsys tools the same or different.

If i have the Cadence tools setup with a technology file, can i export that technology file to the Synopsys tools in any way. Actually i am trying to link the technology file to a library in the Milkyway database library.

If you can give me a detail step by step method to export the technology file or maybe a tutorial link or document that will be helpful then that would be great.

Thanks

Vikas

synopsys technology file cadence

ya.... u can convert .lef format (cadence format) to .lib or .db (for synopsys) format....

in backend flow (Astro) u can use 'read_lib' or 'read_lef' command to accomplish this

technology file tf synopsys lef

Hi Shavakmm,

Actually i am not talking about .lef files. I am talking about .tf files. I have already converted .lef file using read_lef command, but am not able to link it wil a physical library.

Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back