Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching amplifier my NEW challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexIta

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Morning everybody!
I'm new in this forum, I hapo to find her some ideas to my problems, let's start:

-I need to develop a switchig amplifier (class D) able to work from DC till 400Hz. Output voltage aprroximatively of 150Vrms ad current of 5Arms (maximum power 500W, so this means that I can have 5Arms but at lower voltage).
-To make this more funnier the load od the Device Under Test can vary from 0ohm (in this case the amplifier have to work in a current feedback i think) to 5ohm, the load can be resitive or inductive (till cosfi 0.6 to give an idea)

What now is difficult for me (that I'm new on this issue) is to find the correct information:
-what bibliography do you advice me?
-what topologies or topics I have to search?
-is possible to find some developed module that can match my requirements? (Normaly when I find Class D amplifier and/or controller they are developed for audio application that don't work at 0Hz!)
-is possible to find some PWM IC controllers NOT strictly developed for Audio purpose?
-is possible to find a developing kit or module to start prototipyng something?

Thank you very much for your precious advices!!
:thumbsup:

I'm betting any class D amplifier could be easily modified to work down to DC. The trickier part will be limiting your output current, and also making a control loop which is stable with a wide range of load impedances.

I'm betting any class D amplifier could be easily modified to work down to DC. The trickier part will be limiting your output current, and also making a control loop which is stable with a wide range of load impedances.

I know this is not easy to obtain, thats why tis is a challenge! :-D
Do you know some good book that explain the theory at university level?
Or some manifacturer that work on this sector of application?

Thank You

This is the same requirement for a SMPS in buck-boost topology depending on power source is battery or AC line with active PFC, where the reference V is the input signal with current limit for back EMF situations and change in motor direction using active full bridge.

use google images for ideas until you learn to specify ALL parameters for input, output,and environment.... Just like any Product spec datasheet.

Reactions: VexIta

VexIta

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.