Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sweep frequency reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

beni_annis

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo Everyone,

I want to design a reader for RFID tags with sweep frequency ranging from 10 to 20 MHz.
after some researches I found Max 038, my question is this enough to generate this frequency
of after establishing the circuit as shown in the data sheet the current amps is necessary?
also is it possible to avoid using max7541 (D/A converter).
any other advices or suggestions rather than using the max038 are very welcome.

thanks a lot in advance

I think you should look at Analog Devices' AD5930 DDS. It's a direct digital synthesizer that gives an output up to 25MHz with just over 3Hz steps. It also has built-in frequency sweep capability between programmable limits.

Much more accurate and controllable than a MAX038. I'm guessing the AD5930 would be ideal for your application.

I'm currently designing a signal generator for my lab with these chips. They are quite easy to use and can easily be controlled by even a small PIC or similar MCU.

https://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/direct-digital-synthesis-dds/ad5930/products/product.html

well thanks a lot FoxyRick for your help I really appreciate that. it seems very helpful and easy to use as well

If you want any more help or information on the chip, just ask. I'm no expert, but as I said I'm building an agile frequency source with two of the chips now, so everything is fresh in my mind.

yes sure, I will let you know if there is anything, thanks again this nice from you :)

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back