Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sustainable Electronic Product DESIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedpikebb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm an industy analyst working on a project to quantify the tradeoffs necessary to design and build sustainable electronic products.

Sustainable [my high level attributes, do you agree?] = optimized raw materials extraction, reduced consumption of materials in general throughout the supply chain, energy efficiency in manufacturing and during product use, Design for the Environment [DfE] and end of first life management [refurbish, reuse, recycle].

I'm looking for your input on the following questions:
1. What impact [tradeoffs] does a 'sustainable' product design have on your systems design process?
2. In your company, today, what priority is given to sustainable product design compared to product performance, cost, reliablity etc.?
3. Which sustainable attribute(s) are most difficult to achieve?
4. What is the primary driver [management, government regulations etc.] that makes sustainability a product design element today?
5. In the last two years, about how many of your new products have had a least one sustainable attribute that was included as part of the design process?
Thanks

HI

Design for Sustainability is client & project funding dependent

there is a major difference in cost between a sustainable product and a non sustainable one

I advice my client to develop a sustainable product from the first step of development to the first step of production

As an answer to some of your question :

It is basically teak longer time (all most twice the ordinary) to develop a sustainable product

No priority is given - it is all client & cost dependent

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back