Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suspended Microstripline BandPassFilter Design : Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

geelani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I was told to Design BPF using Suspended Microstripline in the range 925-960MHz in ADS. Can any body help me how to proceed as i am new to this suspended microstripline. By the way i am using ROGERS 4003C substrate. I would highly appreciate for the suggestions.

Regards

Well, it is going to be big!

You can either make one thin and long, by designing a stripline parallel coupled bandpass filter, but with the substrate dielectric being 1 for air.

Or you can make a more square shaped on by making an interdigital bandpass filter using rectangular bars, but letting the bar thickness go to almost zero.

You can search for design papers, books, etc, for those two approaches.

geelani said:
Hello All,

I was told to Design BPF using Suspended Microstripline in the range 925-960MHz in ADS. Can any body help me how to proceed as i am new to this suspended microstripline. By the way i am using ROGERS 4003C substrate. I would highly appreciate for the suggestions.

Regards

As far as I know ADS doesn't have full behavior models for microstrip SSB like the do for microstrip or strip line, that means you have to do primary your design using ADS momentum.

Hello

Thank you very much for the information, But do you have any Initial suggestions, Because i am new to Suspended Microstrip line design but not new to Momentum of Analysis. Thanks a lot.

hi,
kindly see the book by Matthei and Young and it can be downloaded from this website.
frm the books download section.

that will suerly solve ur prob. as it solved mine in some similar design.
with regards
abhi

Added after 56 seconds:

hi
in that book try to find it in ch.10
with regards
abhi

Hi Abhi

Thankyou very much for the suggestion, But i couldnt find the book in this forum, Can you please do let me know the title of the book so that i can search it.

Regards
Geelani

hi,

first u register in this site (edaboard.com). it's free.then go to "EDA E-books Upload/Download" section frm mainpage and in that forum give "mathei" as search word.and u download the book through free mirror.

with reghards
abhi

Hello Abhi,

I have registered 6 months ago (Thats how i able to ask help). I cannot download as it says that i have some points to download it..Anyways thank you very much for your kind help.

Regards
Geelani

Status
Not open for further replies.