Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SUSE 10.1+Cadence5141+persistent=Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec_zxm

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Practice and persistence make perfect! I'v setup cadence 5141 smoothly after more than 1 month time. Now I have a 1024*768 screen without any GPU drived.
It can run by itself. Though I touched a long and curved way, I got much experience. Maybe I am an expert of 5141! Haha!
Good luck!

Please share your procedure here.

Replace the "sort" and "tar" file from AS4 or RedHat 9.0.
Then you can install Cadence 5141 smoothly.
Make a link for "tools.lnx86".
You can do nothing before you set the environment varible in ".bashrc". Source it. If the path is right, you can get the full path when you typed "which icfb" in bshell.
Then you can try "icfb" and enter cadence design platform. Now you can set "license.dat" and "cdsint". I didn't change the license.dat. Someone says that add SERVER and DAEMON and run "lmgrd" and so on. But I did nothing. Maybe I have a good luck or I will meet some trouble later, but now I am enjoy it.
Forgive my poor English...
Any questions?

Replace the "sort" and "tar" file from AS4 or RedHat 9.0.
how can I do it??
please can you explane me with detail ?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.