Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab under linux open suse

Status
Not open for further replies.

djoe

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can someone help me to have Matlab under linux , I run Open suse
Thanks

Hello,

Mathworks edit a specific version for UNIX. First ensure that you package is targeted for UNIX.
Are you sticked to matlab ? If not, give a try to octave, which is free and very similar to matlab.

Hi,I'm using Opensuse too.It's so strong,but matlab is commercial software,not free.
so run matlab under linux is not a good idea.

There is nothign wrong in running commercial software in linux. Linux is free as free speech, not free as free beer. Which means is compatible with comercial software, it just doesn't share the same philosofy.

On the other hand, I REALLY suggest the OP to try https://www.sagemath.org/
It's a very good replacement for matlab, and everything you learn while using it can also be used to program your own programs and commands because it uses python as a background.

Status
Not open for further replies.