Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Support for a deisgn of a microstrip antenna by HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I am not skilled on HFSS design.. I have been designing using only Ensemble (every version)... Now I have to use necessary HFSS and I'm quite in a hurry...

Then the HFSS help doesn't work.. I don't know why...

What I have to do is an easy project: a monolayer patch fed by a probe.

I report the dimensions ..

layer: Fr4
Finite ground plane 4 cm x 4 cm
substrate: FR4
height : 2.4 mm
patch dimensions 10 mm x 10mm
probe location (considering the center of the patch as reference): 5 , 0

I really need a step sy step procedure to implement the structure and to run the simulation.For example (how can I create a patch? a layer structure?a probe connecting the ground plane and the patch? how can I set the mesh?...? )

Please help me.
If u need my support in microstrip antennas, arrays, components..please ask.I'll be glad to give the courtesy back.

Lupin

Hi lupin:

What do you mean by a "fix?" Do you mean a patch antenna? Or some kind of inverted F antenna or something? I am interested in what you mean by this term.

Thanks,

--Max

I mean p.a.t.c.h. antenna .. microstrip antenna.. the owrd here is changed into "fix" just to avoid confusion with sw "pa.tch".

Your help is very welcome.

Lupin

lupin:

Thanks for your explanation; I understand now.

For what frequency are you designing the element?
What dielectric constant are you assuming for FR-4? Eps_r = 4.9?
Are you sure that all the dimensions are correct?

Thank you!

--Max

Well, let's assume that the frequency is fr 1.5 GHz and the patch squared... I'm not interested in the optimization of the antenna... I need only an elementar step by step procedure to realize a single layer squared patch antenna fed by probe...

The "right" dimensions to excite a linear polarization can be easly found in the "holy" texts...

Can you provide this procedure to me? I don't have so much time to learn it...

Thanks in advance.

Lupin

Hi Lupin

There is a good design example in the" hfss_fullbook"

it is a probe feed patch antenna and easy to simulate i simulate it with HFSS ver.11 and have good result agreed with this in the book you can design and simulate it and if you have any problem back to me.

Thanks

M.Hassanien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back