Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using a eval board dual frequency PLL from analog device (ADF4252EB2). I populated the eval board with my loop filters and vco's. I need help figuring out where on the eval board do I connect my positive terminal and negative terminal of my power supplies to supply power to vco1 and vco2? I provided the eval board dat sheet, circuit diagram is on page 3.

This entire board runs off of the one 9V battery. It has onboard regulators that generate +5 and +3 Volts. So, first of all, there is NO place to connect a negative supply, as one is not needed. If you are using an external VCO, and it can run off of either +5 or +3 VDC, then you can power it off of one of the internal regulators. You can select either +5 or +3 V to come out of J3 by moving the jumper to the right position.

If it were me, I would add a 47 uF tantalum cap in parallel with a 1 uF ceramic for the voltage going to the VCO.

If you want to use an external power supply instead of a 9 V battery, just solder on two leads to where the 9V battery installs.

biff44 said:
If it were me, I would add a 47 uF tantalum cap in parallel with a 1 uF ceramic for the voltage going to the VCO.

Do you mean replace C29&C3= 22uF, C30&C4 = 10pF with C29&C3 = 47uF tant cap, C30&C4 with 1 uF ceramic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…