Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

supplying power to my vco's

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using a eval board dual frequency PLL from analog device (ADF4252EB2). I populated the eval board with my loop filters and vco's. I need help figuring out where on the eval board do I connect my positive terminal and negative terminal of my power supplies to supply power to vco1 and vco2? I provided the eval board dat sheet, circuit diagram is on page 3.

This entire board runs off of the one 9V battery. It has onboard regulators that generate +5 and +3 Volts. So, first of all, there is NO place to connect a negative supply, as one is not needed. If you are using an external VCO, and it can run off of either +5 or +3 VDC, then you can power it off of one of the internal regulators. You can select either +5 or +3 V to come out of J3 by moving the jumper to the right position.

If it were me, I would add a 47 uF tantalum cap in parallel with a 1 uF ceramic for the voltage going to the VCO.

If you want to use an external power supply instead of a 9 V battery, just solder on two leads to where the 9V battery installs.

biff44 said:
If it were me, I would add a 47 uF tantalum cap in parallel with a 1 uF ceramic for the voltage going to the VCO.

Do you mean replace C29&C3= 22uF, C30&C4 = 10pF with C29&C3 = 47uF tant cap, C30&C4 with 1 uF ceramic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back