Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sun traker using stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darshan2303

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to make sun traker using stepper motor in bidirectional.pls tell me full detail of sn traker and stepper motor.

hi darshan
for suntracking use ldr sensor for sensing light intensity. use pic mc which has built in adc and compare the values that u got from ldr and move stepper. and u may get high torque stepper motor from scrap of old photostate machine.

Dear Darshan
Hi
It is pretty simple you can also use a simple DC motor ! a comparator or an opamp , and a mosfet or a relay , and a potentiometer for calibration .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I have seen what some have attempted on large solar panels with solar tracking using heavy gear ratio advantage to stepper motor with a heavy mast. THe wind power was significantly more than all the stored solar power at worst case conditions. The builder under-estimated the wind power of a large panel and entire motor was ripped out.

I would suggest some research into forces and torques that can be expected on mast and motor from various orientations of given panel size.

One might consider venetian panels to prevent large torque on shaft from wind force.

Wind force is proportional to the third power of the wind velocity. (i.e. F ≈ k V³ + ...). :shock:

Hi dear
The sun is going from east to west . you can divide this distance to some point .the number of these point is the time of Sunrising until time of sunset for example 12 . each hour your motor go to next point when it arrive on 12th point means it is sunset . now your motor must go to back point (turn reverse) ...
I hope it can be useful .

yours sincerely
Green tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back