Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions of good C compiler for dsPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayman Sharif

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for an efficient C compiler for DSC digital signal controller of microchip such as dsPIC30F4011
I have C30 compiler of microchip that supports these MCU but i need easier compiler
I wish to find compiler with a wizard that facilliate the task of reading each bit of configuration registers.
I have CodeVision compiler for AVR MCU. it is a very good compiler.

mikroc compiler for dspic

Hi Ayman!
As already suggested the compilers by Mikroelectronicka are easy for beginners, but i think that it will be best for you to stick with microchip's own tools because they are fully supported by microchip. Moreover builtin wizards help you to start quickly but at the same time you will never know the working of each module in detail since the wizard will be generating the code for you. In order to fully utilize the potential of a chip you have to know the working of each module in detail and that is possible only if you configure the modules urself instead of doing it with a wizard.
If you need any kind of help regarding getting started with microchip's C compiler for dspic30/33f, feel free to ask.
Regards.

microchip dspic compiler

hi

to get more information you can visit .

dspic c compiler

I agree with waseem, theres no such thing as a free lunch.
Microchips C30 compiler is a port of GCC.
That compiler is open source and has been in continuous development for over 20 years.
Hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.