Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for use MAtlab or C# to teach numerical analisys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Gaspar

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please give me Suggestions for use MAtlab or C# to teach numerical analisys in the carrer of electronics.
I'll apreciate your opinions

Thanks

I would suggest Matlab as it comes with built in tools for many applications.
An alternative is Octave which is a free open source software similar to matlab
Octave

If it's high level numerical analysis, normally performed on a desktop system and using any available tools. I would have to agree with Horace1.

However, if your goal is to educate your students on developing algorithms to be written in C/C++ or other HLL and to incorporated into a standalone application, maybe an embedded system. I might be inclined to have your students develop these algorithms in C#, reducing the temptation of using any of Matlab's toolboxes, built-in functions, etc.

The third options is to incorporate both Matlab and C# in your lessons. You can have your students develop algorithms in C# and then compare their routine's output/results in Matlab using Toolbox and built-in functions in the comparison.

You can also build a COM module from the C# routines and create your own MEX modules which can be used directly in Matlab.

Hope these suggestions help in your decision.

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back