Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for a rapid heater element

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rapid Heater Element

Any more comments ????

Your application is very specialized, if I was doing just a one off like this then I'd probably develop my own heater by winding my own, using some nichrome resistance wire and using a paxolin or other heat proof former.
You could put a pt100 or thermocouple probe on the inside of this to monitor the temp, the power for the heater would have to be adjustable to give you the right heat, I'd use either a variac or a hefty dc supply for this, using current limit as the power control.
All abit **** it and see, however things like this often are.
Going off my scene now alltogether, but I have heard of semiconductor heaters, I dont know if they'd go to 200 degrees, most semi's fail at 150.
P.S. Mods: the stars above were not a swear word, the word was as per the common phrase, dont know why it was auto edited.

Any more comments ????
State-of-the-art solutions for the problem have been mentioned in the thread before. To me, the kind of application (hobby experiment, scientific lab setup, functional prototype, professional product design) and the available respectively affordable resources and tools as well as functional requirement details are unclear.

State-of-the-art solutions for the problem have been mentioned in the thread before. To me, the kind of application (hobby experiment, scientific lab setup, functional prototype, professional product design) and the available respectively affordable resources and tools as well as functional requirement details are unclear.

I am trying to design & build up a catheter tipping unit.
Just for reference, please follow the link **broken link removed**

In light of the suggestions above, here is my circuit idea. Almost everything is self-explanatory.

My question is; what kind of cable/wire should I use for connecting the Transformer --> Relay --> Heater Element ?

And what should be the rating of the relay to switch on the transformer, amperes?

Attachments

• Heater.jpg
    Heater.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back