Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Suggestion regarding RF Probe staion purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_newbie

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

Could you please suggest companies which would provide manual RF Probe stations for measurements upto 20GHz.

My budget is 10lakhs INR (~20000 USD).

Thanks,

analog_newbie.

Dear Newbie: without any details on what you want to do, how can one comment to your question?

i want to do S parameter measurement of RF passive devices

Dear Newbie: without any details on what you want to do, how can one comment to your question?

jiripolivka, the poster analog_newbie is looking for something like this:

RF Microwave Probing - Signatone

These workstations feature a chuck that a wafer is affixed too, sometimes using light vacuum 'pressure' to hold the wafer, and the chuck is then movable in X, Y and Z (up/down) directions to drive a set of 'probes' around on a wafer to test fabricated components. The probes can be CPW (Co-Planar Waveguide) and the like to preserve 50 Ohm Impedance environment to the surface of the wafer for component measurement.

We used something similar for DC probing at TI GaAs Facility (front end), and later on we used some of the first on-wafer RF probers by Cascade Microtech for characterization of GaAs RF devices, including RF switches, WBDA (wide band distributed amplifiers) and LNAs.

Hope you find this helpful.
Regards,

Jim

For a serious work like you described I would certainly recommend to select Agilent, Anritsu or Rohde&Schwartz test instruments. All produce vector network analyzers capable of operating up to and above 20 GHz. All are expensive but this guarantees a long-term calibration accuracy.
There are also opportunities to rent such instrumentation, to use it over the time needed but not own it. Renters are responsible for calibration and possible repairs.
If you make a top-notch products, you need the top-notch test instruments. This is why good products are not cheap.

For a serious work like you described I would certainly recommend to select Agilent, Anritsu or Rohde&Schwartz test instruments. All produce vector network analyzers capable of operating up to and above 20 GHz. All are expensive but this guarantees a long-term calibration accuracy.
There are also opportunities to rent such instrumentation, to use it over the time needed but not own it. Renters are responsible for calibration and possible repairs.
If you make a top-notch products, you need the top-notch test instruments. This is why good products are not cheap.

Thank you so very much for your reply.
But I want to know about probe station .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back