Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest some add-ons to automation system for auditorium

Status
Not open for further replies.

electron_boy

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
automation

hi everybody

im working for my final year project. im doing an automation system for auditorium and conference halls using 8051. can anybody suggest some creative add-ons to my project. basic thing of my project are
>data transmission for computer to 8051 (RS232)
>displaying the conference details on the LCD screen
>temperature monitoring and control
>counting the number of persons
>light control

thanx in advance

Re: automation

compressed audio recording to compactflash or mmc

automation

Maybe you can add a security system to the halls

Counting people is going to be very hard.

Maybe add some text to speech feature?

Added after 1 minutes:

or better yet, the other way around!

Speech recognization would be great... Like, turn on all lights.. turn off lights..

Or maybe a clapper like feature.

automation

-instead of rs232, how about wireless?

automation

Use X10 and can take the HCS - II as example of home automation system . HCS uses RS 485 so only onel 2 pair line will be needed to make connection between your host and controllable devices . There are also number of devices already implemented for the HCS system which includes temperature measurement and light control . X10 module will allow you to amke connection through the power line .
Some other implementations uses CAN for host device signalling - search internet there are many .

trend said:
Counting people is going to be very hard.

Maybe add some text to speech feature?

Added after 1 minutes:

or better yet, the other way around!

Speech recognization would be great... Like, turn on all lights.. turn off lights..

Or maybe a clapper like feature.

i dont understand what u say can u expand it further plz.

hi everybody

we've planned to build a simple custom protocol based embedded server to enable flow control and error control and to transmit data between pc and the circiut that we have designed for the basic automation process.

bye

I ahve done using 315Mhz wireless module with 9600bps data transfer

mitesh said:
I ahve done using 315Mhz wireless module with 9600bps data transfer

how did u design ur rf module can u please tell. im really searching for a good rf tutor or design book

hi,
you can also use chipcon's cc1020 rf module it can be easily interfaced with microcontroller and there is lots of code also available on their site.
pimr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back