Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest Simulators detecting race conditions-digital, analog, microControllers/ASICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louarnold

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I assume there are only SPICE based simulators of which Tina and LTSpice are best known. But they don't all simulate micro-controllers or ASICs, as I understand it. There appears to be work-around software, but its not clear if they link into other simulators.

The real goal here is the detection of race conditions - e.g. inherent delays that cause blips in controlling down-stream circuitry. What simulators can do this?

Should have added...software for both Windows 7 and Linux Mint (Ubuntu)?

Last edited:

I assume there are only SPICE based simulators of which Tina and LTSpice are best known. But they don't all simulate micro-controllers or ASICs, as I understand it. There appears to be work-around software, but its not clear if they link into other simulators.

The real goal here is the detection of race conditions - e.g. inherent delays that cause blips in controlling down-stream circuitry. What simulators can do this?

Should have added...software for both Windows 7 and Linux Mint (Ubuntu)?

I am confused by your post and your terminology. Please try to explain what you are after. A 'software' to detect race conditions? In what, in ASICS? In software? Huh?

FYI SPICE is an electrical simulator, with an amazing level of precision. When it comes to ASICs, there is no way to get more precise than that. Spice can expose race conditions. What you can't do is a full chip SPICE simulation, as that is not feasible.

Racing condition in simulation can be well treated by using the "#1" in RTL code.

What does that mean "#1 in RTL code"?

- - - Updated - - -

ASICs are app on a chip such as temperature sensor. Want to simulate those. Race condition are by circuitry surrounding ASICs, supporting ASICs/micros, latching micro outputs at pin outs.

What does that mean "#1 in RTL code"?

- - - Updated - - -

ASICs are app on a chip such as temperature sensor. Want to simulate those. Race condition are by circuitry surrounding ASICs, supporting ASICs/micros, latching micro outputs at pin outs.

See, your terminology makes no sense. That's why you got the #1 remark, which is a simulation trick ASIC designers use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back