Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest me power analysis tool for high speed board

Status
Not open for further replies.

vij

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am working board design
i want to analize power distribution .
suggest me tools and technology regarding this

with regards

vij

I have been a board designer,

in accordance with my past experience, you should partition

your power system by your self. you can use tools

to help you debug, but we can't depend tools to help us

thinking.

best regards

vij said:
i am working board design
i want to analize power distribution .
suggest me tools and technology regarding this

with regards

vij

Hi,
Some tools I know about, are:

1) Power Integrity from Cadence. It is actualy a part of SpecctraQuest product. The abilities are plane's resonanses investigation, impedance graphs considering capacitors placement, noise (SSN) influence and much more. The tool works in "frequency domain", i.e. you can not see the transient processes.

2) SpeedXP package from Sigrity. It worhs both in "frequency domain" and "time domain", thus you can see the animations of disturbance propagation across the plain, investigate SSN and noise influences etc.

There are, of course, many other tools doing the same job. Actually, you need to cooperate the tool with CAD system you use, because the tool contained in your single CAD package uses the same databases, graphical and models representations etc. Thus, if for example you are using Cadence Allegro or SpecctraQuest - of course, Power Integrity is the best option for you. Otherwise, you will have to enter the process of conversions, import/export problems etc.

Good luck, and I agree with previous post - the tool is only a tool, it means "garbage in - garbage out". But it is not a reason to reject using the tools, as you use calculator despite it can not think...

i am using PADS IN CONJUCTION with SPECCTRA
related to this cad database which power intigrity tool would work
vij

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back