Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a study material for CAN protocol, programming using PIC18F448 and MCP2551

Status
Not open for further replies.

seenuvel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one suggest me a study material for CAN protocol and programming using PIC18F448 and MCP2551

Re: CAN

check this.....

Attachments

• can_review_5877.pdf
    162.4 KB · Views: 102

hi to all

can anybody suggest me how excetly the CAN is working?..

i know the introductory material is attached bt by explanation what to say?...

why we are using CAN?..what are the advantages and disadvantages?...

Popatlal

CAN

What is CAN (Controller Area Network)
•Proposed by Bosch with automotive applications in mind(and promoted by CIA -of Germany -for industrial applications)
•Relatively complex coding of the messages
•Relatively accurate and (usually) fixed timing
•All modules participate in every communication
•Content-oriented (message) addressing schemeFilterFilterFrame

CAN objective is to achieve reliable communications in relatively critical control system applications e.g. engine management or anti-lock brakes. There are several aspects to reliability - availability of the bus when important data needs to be sent, the possibility of bits in a message being corrupted by noise etc., and electrical/mechanical failure modes in the wiring.

CAN Bus Advantages
•Accepted standard for Automotive and industrial applications–interfacing between various vendors easier to implement
•Freedom to select suitable hardware–differential or 1 wire bus
•Secure communications, high Level of error detection–15 bit CRC messages (Cyclic Redundancy Check)–Reporting / logging–Faulty devices can disconnect themselves–Low latency time–Configuration flexibility
•High degree of EMC immunity (when using Si-On-Insulator technology)

Disadvantages:
• Complex
• Automotive oriented
• Limited Portfolio
• Expensive firmware

I think I have been given your answer, If anymore u want to know pls let me know.

hi

it is so nicely explain...i think the best way to discuss on any topic is like the same

bz when u didnt aware of the topic and dont want to waste ur time in reading a lot and after u feel that its not for me so as per me the best way to discuss

Popatlal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back