Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subthreshold op amp design

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharath_k

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding designing a op-amp is subthreshold region. I have found few papers which are really helpful but I am still not getting clear idea.

1646926929596.png

In the above circuit how to I design M3, M4 and M5? In op amps biased in saturation region we typically use ICMR+ and ICMR- values to obtain the device sizes. What parameters should I use in case of subthreshold region?

or I bias only M1, M2 and M6 in subthresold region and M3, M4, M5 and M7 in saturation region?

Thanks,
Bharath

(When you use the input common-mode range as spec, you mean that you use the "hand calculations" to reach the point where thy leave their saturation regions?)

Anyway, depends on your application, I would focus on the overall specification in terms of eg gain, bandwidth, phase margin, current consumption or what-have-you. Just push the transistors as far into subthreshold as you can while meeting the specification. You also know that S3=S4=kS6 and S5 = 2kS7 also in subthreshold. So not that many parameters to sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back