Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange things in IC5033 in fedora core3

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo79

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have installed IC5033 in fedora core3, and followed the advice from :mas_serg, i can save states also. and everything works fine.

The problem is i could not hear any beep, when i check and save the schematic. further more, the color is not right. we are supposed to see many "red" things in 5033, but there is no. i have set display "millions colors" and resolution 1024*768.

by the way i setup all this in t42, and FC3 is more compatible with t42 than redhat enterprise3, in which i always hear the fan noise.

Thanks all of you who take time looking into this, and looking forward your valuable opinions. I really wish i could make this 5033 perfect in fedora core 3.

Thanks.
WY

You are running on an IBM Thinkpad?

HI gliss,

yes, i am running on IBMt42, anyone has similar experience and know how to solve these small bugs?

Fefora core is really nice for ibm thinkpad, the performance is perfect.

i have the same problem ,i wan use ibm r32.
if you find the answer ,please share it with me !

thanks

I don't think IC5033 is supported in Fedora Core 3.

it can run in fedora core3, i compare the simulation result of a big circuit (1000) transistors with the cadence in the school, they are the same.

Yeah, some people can run it but Cadence wont give support for it. And you may run into issues.
neo79, what hardware are you running on?

See, you can't go back to RHEL 3 or Red Hat 8 or 7.x easily because of the ATI 9600..
If it's not too tough for you, go back to an older release of Red Hat, install the video drviers for your ATI 9600 and reinstall IC.

i am using rh7.3,i can use all the software but spectre' model library,i cant change the library path,
why?

i have ever tried rh7.2, or 8.0, can not start xwindows. and in the end i decided to try this fedora core 3, and see what will happen. i am really tired of formatting my harddisk, and i guess i have shorten my laptop's life significantly. :)

tuza2000, what do you mean you can not change the library path? you can not edit the cds.lib file? that's strange, since i always can change it.

Formatting the disk won't do anything bad to the laptop. The problem is you need to find software old enough to support IC5033. That means you need RHEL 3 or less. Once you get that you need to install the appropriate ATI drivers on that system.

Hi gliss,

I see what you mean. i will try and see whether i could find a right driver and install it.

thanks.

neo

Status
Not open for further replies.