Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange noise and drift in AD7730

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.tehrani

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

it's my first time to work with AD7730 to implement a weight indicator, I read the loadcell signal with AD7730 and send it to ATMega32 to process and monitoring. I have no problem with reading signal and calibration and other aspects. there is just something strange:

When I touch the cable of load cell ( even not touching and just when the cable is close to a metal part like a wrench) the value significantly oscillates the amplitude of this oscillation for a 5kg load cell is about 100gr. and the second problem is that for example after one hour the value drifts sometimes positive and sometimes negative for 5kg loadcell after one hour it drifts for 4gr.

What do you think about this, is there any problem with my digital filter???

Thanks.

Hi so im experiansing the same problem, did you have any luck getting it sorted?

Status
Not open for further replies.