armess

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need sincere advice.

I have a project in which i have to control a unipolar stepper motor- 2 phase-18 kgcm torque- 2 amp per phase current.
Stepper motor will be controlled by my PC's parallel port for rotating an antenna. Can somebody suggest a controller circuit without using a microcontroller, as i am not at all familiar with their programming.

Also can u clarify what is the difference between a controller and a driver for a stepper motor????
Do i need both of them for my project???

visit this link......
**broken link removed**
it has the sequence for the stepping sequence...

visit this link......
**broken link removed**
it has the things needed to control the circuit using the parallel port....

a controller is something which decides the logic i.e.controls a particular system.....
whereas a driver is something which provides the required power for the system i.e.satisfies proper current and voltage ratings for the system....

I have already seen the links earlier.
But i have a motor which is asking for 2 amps per phase.
I don't think ULN2003 will give that much. OR can u suggest any modification.
With a PC being used do i need a controller?
Will the driver not suffice?????
Plz advice as i may be sounding stupid i know...................

as far as i know there is UCN5804 which is a stepper motor driver and has a maximum output current of 1.5A...

i think you have to resort to amplification of current using a power transistor be it ULN2003 or UCN5804 because 2A per phase is too much for ICs to bear....

Which power transistors will give me 2 Amperes of current?????????

control 2 stepping motor.

controller can not drive current hungry stepper motor hence driver ic ULN 2003 is used.

using power MOSFET driver will solve ur problem

Added after 1 minutes:

mosfet no is IRF 540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…