Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor circuit edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartman007

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Im having a problem Redesigning a circuit with this circuit in mind.

(FIRST Picture)
http://hades.mech.northwestern.edu/index.php/Unipolar_Stepper_Motor_Driver_Circuit .

I have the L297 IC all set up but I have a Bipolar Stepper motor and not a UniPolar stepper motor like in the first picture on the site.

I only bought NPN transistors and I wouldnt want to build another H-Bridge since that will just void the whole reason for the L297 IC.

I dont see how the Diodes would supply 12V to the motor in the current schematic and I also dont know how I would reArrange the circuit so that it will supply 12V to the motor but also inverts the supply when it is its turn to invert?

Could anybody give me any tips on thiS?

Thanks

You can design your own circuit and drive the coils according to their step requirements by the help of any micro controller and 2 nos of full bridge driver (8 nos of transistors.) or you can use a dedicate IC for this purpose like LDM18245.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back