Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

static shapes and dynamic shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.venkatesh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can I get the details about the static and dynamic shapes in PCB
Thanks

Hi,

I have never come across this term in my Pcb design Career,please let us know the context of this term or from where did you picked up this by the way?

I am very curious to know more about it:D

Regards

Ramesh

Ramesh,
The reason you never heard about it, is not a term in PCB design.
Unfortunately the poster has not indicated the question is related to a specific tool in this case Allegro. There must be other tools that use similar or the same terminology.

After version 14.2XX Cadence introduced Dynamic shapes in Version 15.0X and up. Dynamic shapes allows users to edit, move elements like traces, vias and component pads on different net within DS and shape automatically creates voids or clearance as oppose to static shape which requires user to refresh or manually creates clearances.
I use mostly DS.It is much easier to work with. And use Static Shapes in areas that do not need much editing.

Regards,

M

ooops,i use Pads layout,the person posting the query should know from which tool the term is related...

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back