Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Static magnetic field rotating inside stationary toroidal coil

Salvador12

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what would happen if I took a toroidal core , generated a static toroidal magnetic field in the core and then rotated the core around it's symmetry axis within a larger stationary toroidal winding around the same core?Just for simplicity imagine a toroidal transformer with a rotating core inside.
Would I get DC current generated in the stationary coil? If yes can anyone explain by what law and formula?

the magnetic field inside the torroidal core is essentially confined to the core.
there is some leakage of field lines, but it is minimal.

now you put it another coil around the same core and rotate the original

if the current in the original coil is DC, the flux is constant and you'll get nothing
if the current in the original coil is AC, the flux changes and you'll get AC voltage and
current, depending on the load, etc, as with any transformer

i do not see any advantage to rotating the original torroid, and I see a mechanical nightmare.

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: