Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Standard Cell Characterization

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSICAD

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating the calibre extracted view of faraday standard cell (0.13um fscoh_d) in cadence and getting the delay and leakage power numbers. these numbers are not at all matching with the given numbers in library. Can anyone please help me and tell me why this is happening?? I have simulated around 5 cells in different corners and getting same results.
Observation: Getting Leakage power more and delay less than given in library. these discripencies are having mor than 100% devaition.

First of all, check that the same spice model (transistor model) is the same used for library characterization and for your simulation. The library vendor usually notes the name and version of spice model in the datasheet (or release notes) doc.

In the library they have mentioned that they are using the same UMC transistors what I am using in simulation. The transistor model is BSIM-3V3.

I got the problem. I extracted the schematic from the spice netlist file of standard cells given by library. Here I did not take care of source/drain area and periphery because of this I was getting this much difference in delay and power. Now I have solved it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back