Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stabilizing output port of a wideband LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

countmybones

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wanted to ask if it's possible to stabilize an amplifier by placing a shunt resistor at the output of the amplifier. I notice that all the RF power will be shunted to ground if I place the resistor there. Adding a series inductor choke to the resistor didn't help at all, the S21 is still negligible. So is it possible?

try to check gonzalez book
and try to add series resistor not shut

wish this help

khouly

Yeah, I know adding a series resistor at the input will improve the stability. I am just curious if adding a shunt resistor at the output is possible. Seems like no values I tried is possible.

when you connect shunt resistor to the output port, have you check whether the DC point of the LNA is changed? have you tried to put cap in series with the shunt resistor to block the DC current?

Thanks, adding a series capacitor with the shunt resistor solved everything. Now the amplifier has more gain too compared to a series input resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.