Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stabilizer Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So transformer core is A = 1.5 x sqrt (500) .....
Washing machine , fridge and dishwasher are not working all in same time . Due to language barrier i don't know how to express the coefficient , i think it translates somehow like "simultaneus coefficeient " , there is also an other one that translate's like "load coefficient "
"simultaneus coefficient " - expresses the fact that not all power receivers are functioning in the same time (example : air conditioner and heating boiler ) , <1 (0.8)
''load coefficient '' - expresses that not all receivers work with full load (exaple : a 100 W light bulb with dimmer circuit turned to half , 1 kW motor rotating with no load or just a little load ) <1 (0.8 for appliances, 1 for lighting circuit)

One stabiliser should be enough for the 3 receivers together

ange from 195V to 245V employing a large number of relays. This design will not work where the fluctuation of supply is beyond this range.

fluctuation beyond this range is not normal for a household , if this is the case there are some contractual issues not satisfied by the supplier , in terms of electric energy quality .

Just add P total = P (wash machine) + P(dish wsher) +P (fridge)
P total = P total x 0.8 x 1
S = P total /0.8 ;
You can get nominal power and cosfi on the name plate of machines . The washing machine may have own heater ( if it does not have hot water inlet) Usually those heaters are between 1 .. 2 kW

Last edited:

I think refrigirator wattage is 150W. Lets take maqx wattage as 300W.

For typical motorized appliances, the surge current on startup is often 3 or 4 times the running current. Your stabilizing unit ought to be designed to supply such an amount for a few seconds.

Perhaps your refrigerator is high efficiency? Then you are that much ahead of the game.

I once tried running appliances from a power inverter (800W modified sinewave 120V AC). I hooked it up to the car battery. As I recall the refrigerator could start up and run okay. My measurements indicated it used 400 or 500W. The microwave oven would not run unless the car engine was running. The microwave was more than 1000W as I recall.

Ok. I will check the exact wattage of each appliance mentioned on it. For microwave we don't use stabilizers here because it is only used for a few minutes.

Main need of stabilizer is for Refrigerator and Dish-Washer. This thread will be pending for a few days as I am busy with another project which is stabilizer cum inverter. I have another thread for that. It is named AC > DC > AC Converter.

fluctuation beyond this range is not normal for a household , if this is the case there are some contractual issues not satisfied by the supplier , in terms of electric energy quality .

Though it is the responsibility of supplier to maintain quality of energy in all respect, I think in many countries this aspect is not taken care of. In many areas line voltage goes as low as 150V - 130V. Here voltage stabiliser has the role to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.