Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ST L3G4200D Gyroscope not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleo claudiu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to read the ST L3G4200D Gyroscope using a Nexys2 FPGA board from Digilent.
I wrote the code for reading the gyroscope in Verilog, but there is something that I missed because the outputs, x, y, z, are most of the time 16 bits of 0 , or if not 16 bits of 1.
So i want to check with you if my implementation logic is good:

1. i've configured the fallowing registers:
CTR_REG4 -> LSB @ lower addres, scale selection: 500dps, 4 wire SPI interface
FIFO_CTRL_REG ->stream mode
CTRL_REG1 -> Otput Data Rate=800 Hz, normal mode of operation
Ctrl_REG5 -> enable FIFO

2. I didn't use the interrupts pins, i am just making reads with a frequency of 1 kHz

3. The SCLK frequency I used is 10 MHz

Wat am I missing? If some of u have experience with this Gyro, please hepl!

Hi,

I see no one responded yet and I'm not familiar with this device...So, I suggest you refer to ST.
They have good online help:
L3G4200D - STMicroelectronics
at the top right

Thanks shaiko, I was following that datasheet, but still it didn't worked.
But from yesterday I managed to fix the problem. and big surprise, the problem was that I connected wrong the cable to the Gyro...it's so f....g bad when that happens.
Now it's working. the only problem now is that with every new read of data, the result is relative to the previous read, but that can be solved by always making a difference between the last 2 reeds.

Thanks shaiko, I was following that datasheet, but still it didn't worked.
But from yesterday I managed to fix the problem. and big surprise, the problem was that I connected wrong the cable to the Gyro...it's so f....g bad when that happens.
Now it's working. the only problem now is that with every new read of data, the result is relative to the previous read, but that can be solved by always making a difference between the last 2 reeds.

Hi Cleo, I want to use this gyro and I have not much idea, could you help me? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back