Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SRAM Bit Cell Power Measurement in Cadence

yruuuu

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am simulating the static power(for holding Q =0 in this case) for a read differential 8T SRAM bit cell in cadence virtuoso ADE L. The schematic, input stimuli setup, and node set is as follows. I ran both DC sweep from 0 to 1V and transient analysis. To view the power consumption, I enable the save power signal and plot the pwr from results browser. But I encountered the following issues:

1) The convergence aid -> node set only applies to transient and not DC sweep as shown in the simulation window, both Q and QB are at the save voltage level. How should I set node set to define the data hold in the latch for DC analysis then?
2) In the transient responde, though the node set is correctly set, the pwr signal plot is not the same value as the Vdd*I(Vdd) green plot. As shown in the schematic, Vdd is the only voltage source, I thought the Vdd*Ivdd will then be the total static power consumption? Or the pwr from results browser doesn't represent the total power?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
--- Updated ---

The input stimuli setup is attached

Attachments

• IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6023.jpeg
    IMG_6023.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hi,

11MBytes of blury JPG .. instead of 400kbytes of perfect PNG screenshot. ...

Klaus

Hi,

11MBytes of blury JPG .. instead of 400kbytes of perfect PNG screenshot. ...

Klaus
Hi Klaus!
Sorry, I am new to the platform, the clearer screenshots are attached.

Attachments

• NOdeset.png
    NOdeset.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 42
  • RD8TSchematic.png
    RD8TSchematic.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 42
  • SetupStimuli.png
    SetupStimuli.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Simulation.png
    Simulation.png