Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Split Power Plane - placement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspagon

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a mixed signal board with +5 / -5 split planes.

How important is it that my capacitors (that are connected to -5 and +5 used for decoupling and stuff) fall directly between the split plane so that each plate is above the corresponding plane? Can the cap be placed anywhere? What if they are reversed and above the wrong planes?

Can the split plane be separated anywhere underneath my op amp as long as my power rails are a minimum distance to those planes?

Extra: What devices if any, should I avoid placing on the bottom layer directly underneath an op amp on the top layer?

Thanks all.

I think, the decoupling capacitors will be connected between +5 or -5 and ground plane.

For high speed design, I expect smaller ceramic caps (e.g. 100 nF) near to the component supply pins and larger capacitors "anywhere" else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back