Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice model for Darlington opto-coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fourtytwo

Hi everybody, there are many models available for transistor output opto's but is anybody aware of any darlington models ?

Specifically I am looking for a 6N139 but I don't think I am going to find that but another photo-diode/darlington device can be modified assuming its not encrypted :)

In PSpice optoisolator library there is a 6N138 spice model. Similar to 6N139.

Thank you very much, however I don't think these libraries are freely available or am I wrong ?

You are right. Lite and Demo versions have limited libraries too as I know, not sure.

Seems to be a "SPICE orphan". The closest I found was
a 6N136 which has a BJT .model embedded in it, which
might or might not be from the same production flow.
You could try Darlington-ing that and see if the behavior
matches the datasheet (but Q1:Q2 ratio and any base
shunting built in, would have to be fitted).

"SPICE orphan" one of many! Seems unfortunately this is another case of the originator disappearing in a mass of takeovers none of whom are interested in the esoteric world of Spice! Anyway after the Xmas holiday I shall buy some and try for real. I want to model the switching behavior also so a bit awkward TBH I just tried a standard device with a 2N3904 bunged on it to get some ideas :) Many thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.