Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed up Nanosim simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

puneetshah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please share some tricks to speed up nanosim simulations..... I have launched simulation for smps which is simulating at very slow speed.......and i want results very fast.....

from one experienced person i came to know that increasing acc_limit and pwl_limit speeds up the simulation.....please share these kind of speeding up commands.....

Regards,
Puneet

I am afraid things like SMPS simulations will be slow. You could try the following .options - check with your simulator software for exact function & syntax:

ABSTOL
RELTOL
VNTOL

Make sure you haven't set the minimum time step too small in your .TRAN statement

My simulator will also do a fast but lower accuracy simulation for a defined amount of time but I think that may not be a universal feature.

Keith.

nanosim is a fast spice , i you are interested in fast runtimes ... you will lose accuracy for sure...

main command that can help you:

1. set_sim_eou sim=1 model=1 net=1

this one command control internally multiple commands that will make run faster..
but you may loose accuracy ...

check manual for this command , you can change level from 1 to 7 for higher accuracy requirements..

Status
Not open for further replies.