Not open for further replies.

puneetshah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please share some tricks to speed up nanosim simulations..... I have launched simulation for smps which is simulating at very slow speed.......and i want results very fast.....

from one experienced person i came to know that increasing acc_limit and pwl_limit speeds up the simulation.....please share these kind of speeding up commands.....

Regards,
Puneet

I am afraid things like SMPS simulations will be slow. You could try the following .options - check with your simulator software for exact function & syntax:

ABSTOL
RELTOL
VNTOL

Make sure you haven't set the minimum time step too small in your .TRAN statement

My simulator will also do a fast but lower accuracy simulation for a defined amount of time but I think that may not be a universal feature.

Keith.

nanosim is a fast spice , i you are interested in fast runtimes ... you will lose accuracy for sure...

main command that can help you:

1. set_sim_eou sim=1 model=1 net=1

this one command control internally multiple commands that will make run faster..
but you may loose accuracy ...

check manual for this command , you can change level from 1 to 7 for higher accuracy requirements..

Status
Not open for further replies.