Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_que

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I'm using spectre to simulate some circuits. I'm performing a DC simulation with a variable sweep "vin" that ranges from 0 to 10 (as in the image below)

I would like to plot some expressions of the variables combined with some parameters of the circuit.
The problem is I can't even plot the variable which is sweeped. By using the calculator I get the expressoin VAR("vin"), and I would expect the plot of a straight line, but vin is only evluated at the first point (0), resulting in the constant, as sown in the image.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

You have to understand data structure in PSF directory.

X-axis data alone is not available in PSF data.

Use Ocean function xvar().

Last edited:

Sorry I'm a newbie with this tool, may you explain more in deep what psf directory and xvar are? Maybe a good link where I can find out more?
If I just write xvar("vin") in the expression it doesen't work..

Last edited:
In the end I managed to do that by using VS("/netXX").
I also tried xval(v("/netxx")), which was suggested in your link but it didn't seem to work (v returned nil).
Thank you anyway, I'll probably find out more later on.

In the end I managed to do that by using VS("/netXX").
"VS()" is a Calculator function.
Full ability of post processing can never be available, if you use Calculator functions.

See https://www.edaboard.com/threads/352981/#2

I also tried xval(v("/netxx")), which was suggested in your link but it didn't seem to work (v returned nil).
You have to set "?result s_resultName" liken following.

xval( v("/netxx", ?result "dc") )

See Ocean Manual or launch Skill finder to know more details about Ocean functions(=Skill functions).

Attachments

• 160415-200210.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…