Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spectre using variables in outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_que

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I'm using spectre to simulate some circuits. I'm performing a DC simulation with a variable sweep "vin" that ranges from 0 to 10 (as in the image below)

a3be076e9d8f1bddb5cf4df678b5d7b9.png

I would like to plot some expressions of the variables combined with some parameters of the circuit.
The problem is I can't even plot the variable which is sweeped. By using the calculator I get the expressoin VAR("vin"), and I would expect the plot of a straight line, but vin is only evluated at the first point (0), resulting in the constant, as sown in the image.

0dafd26bb07a2c15d6b7a988d965a71f.png

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

You have to understand data structure in PSF directory.

X-axis data alone is not available in PSF data.

Use Ocean function xvar().

Last edited:

Sorry I'm a newbie with this tool, may you explain more in deep what psf directory and xvar are? Maybe a good link where I can find out more?
If I just write xvar("vin") in the expression it doesen't work..

Last edited:
In the end I managed to do that by using VS("/netXX").
I also tried xval(v("/netxx")), which was suggested in your link but it didn't seem to work (v returned nil).
Thank you anyway, I'll probably find out more later on.

In the end I managed to do that by using VS("/netXX").
"VS()" is a Calculator function.
Full ability of post processing can never be available, if you use Calculator functions.

See https://www.edaboard.com/threads/352981/#2

I also tried xval(v("/netxx")), which was suggested in your link but it didn't seem to work (v returned nil).
You have to set "?result s_resultName" liken following.

xval( v("/netxx", ?result "dc") )

See Ocean Manual or launch Skill finder to know more details about Ocean functions(=Skill functions).

Attachments

• 160415-200210.png
    160415-200210.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back