Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross function and Monte Carlo analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilella

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to run the Monte Carlo analysis of the offset voltage of a comparator.

For this, I am using the 'cross' function from Cadence calculator. The expression I use is the following one:

cross(VDC("/OUT_SF") 0.9 0 "either" t "time"),

where OUT_SF is the output of my comparator and 0.9 is my threshold value. Before running the Monte Carlo analysis, I do a simple dc simulation with Spectre. However, the simulation fails giving an 'eval err' without further information. To my surprise, if I try to represent with the calculator:

cross(value(getData("/OUT_SF" ?result "dc") "d" 10) 0.9 0 "either" t "time")

which is the same expression as before, but selecting the waveform from the visualization window instead of selecting the net in the schematic, it works! I can see the value of the input voltage when the output crosses the threshold.

Does anybody know why this happens? Can anybody help me to run the Monte Carlo analysis of the cross function, please?

Many thanks,

Eva

You have to know data sets in psf directory correctly.
And you have to specify data set name.

Don't rely on Caluculator functions in ADE.
These are no more than high level function in OCEAN(=Skill).

You can never utilize full ability of post processing, if you rely on only Calculator functions.

"getData()" is more primitive function than "vdc()".

Show me data set lists in psf directory.

Attachments

• 160408-202240.png
    160408-202240.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 160408-202616.png
    160408-202616.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

Dear pancho_hideboo,

Actually, I have solved the problem using a different approach. For this simulation, the 'cross' function needs to be with VS (source sweep voltage) instead of with VDC. The expression that I simulate is:

cross(VS("/OUT_SF") 0.9 0 "either" t "time")

and all works nicely.

Thank you very much for your reply anyway.

Eva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back