Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker difference between 8ohm and 45 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

There is no relation.

Klaus

I do not know what speakers are used in India. Here is what is used in The West:

A small 45 ohm speaker is (was?) used in cheap low power intercoms at gas stations. It sounds awful.
A cheap clock radio uses a low power 3" 8 ohm speaker that also sounds awful.
Most 8 ohm speakers are high quality, fairly large and fairly high power used in homes and theaters.
2 ohms and 4 ohms speakers are high quality and high power used in vehicles.
Many fairly good speakers have the same cost as one dinner in a restaurant. Most people eat the meal that they like and buy the speaker that sounds good, cost does not matter.
Speakers in portable players are small, but some new very expensive ones sound fairly good. Other speakers are large enough to play low frequencies loud enough. I made some very good sounding speakers with high quality 6.5" woofers and 1" dome tweeters in ported enclosures.
The speakers used for my smaller TV are two satellite mid/tweeters and one 5" woofer in a ported enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back